Civitas Sacra - The Interpretation Centre of the Cathedral of St James
The story of the specific feautures of the construction of the Šibenik cathedral that revolutionized the architecture of the time, about the importance of this building for the history of Sibenik, its cultural radiation that has affected the Šibenik region for centuries, but also about the people - the natives of Šibenik whose efforts made the erection of this magnificent edifice possible.
The Interpretation Centre of St James Cathedral ‘Civitas sacra’ is located in the very heart of Šibenik, on the city’s high street called ˝kalelarga˝, in Galbiani Palace, which is located at the address Ulica kralja Tomislava 10.
The permanent exhibition extends over three floors where, among other things, they are exposed:
- original stone sculptures by Juraj Dalmatinac and Nikola Florentine
- some of the most valuable paintings in The Republic of Croatia from the Period of Baroque and Renaissance
- Nikola Vladanov's polyptymp
- a rich treasure trove of liturgical attire and dishes
- other objects of rich cultural heritage of the Šibenik diocese.
The exhibition also abounds with a multitude of interactive content that tells the story of the Šibenik Cathedral in a completely new and interesting way:
- video games
- carving a name on a stone monolith
- scanning your face in stone...
In addition to the permanent exhibition, inside the Galbiani Palace there is a gallery for occasional exhibitions, a multimedia hall, a souvenir shop and a restaurant with a terrace at the very top of the palace.
More details on: https://civitassacra.hr/en